Amazon too..now they want our Tax ID..Well HELL NO!



Well well, whatdaya know, Amazon now joins PayPal requiring me to give them my social security number.


With the recent tax changes, You HAVE to do so once you pass the 200 transactions AND $20,000 in gross payments. Well, I have nothing against paying taxes, and certainly, not encourage anyone to skip your tax duties any time, The problem comes with Amazon requiring our numbers when you only make 50 transactions regardless of the amount. WHY IN HELL would I trust Amazon with such sensitive information specially when they have been hacked time and time again? (after all, Amazon's cloud service was used to HACK the Playstation Network back in May 2011, who says they can't do it the OTHER way?)


Dear Amazon people, the law states that you HAVE to report sales when they exceed 200 transactions AND $20.000 in sales NOT 50 treansactions and 5K in a year...This rule of yours is completely absurd not too mention dangerous.


As it is, Amazon will "suspend" my seller account in December 26th well, GOOD RIDDANCE I'm not going to trust ANY online site with such a sensitive information. Looks like doing bussiness in America is getting harder and harder every time, and then the imbeciles in government wonder why the economy is in a sinkhole? why are there no jobs? Why have we gone to be one of the finest countries in the world to now be seen as a bunch of leaderless clowns who can't get their economy fixed. well this is a little example of that. I guess it's time to seriously think about taking all the money I planned to invest here and invest it in MY country and start doing bussiness from South America, where tax laws are not as stupid as these.


Good job Mr. Obama, for a moment there, I really drank the Kool-Aid of "hope" you sold us 4 years ago. I'm still a democrat, but HOPE that something changes next year.


Here is my little "official" note to Amazon:



Dear Amazon,


I am getting spam emails from you requesting my Social Security number because of the new 200 / $20,000 1099 law. Please be advised that my totals have not reached that threshold of $20,000 in transactions totals. I will not be providing my social security number until the threshold has been met. Under the THE PRIVACY ACT OF 19745 U.S.C. § 552a, I am asking you to cease and desist from demanding my social security information until that threshold has been met. I will not be disclosing my social security number to you without authorization or without requirement. I am protected by the Privacy Act of 1974, 5 U.S.C. § 552a. Section 7. Sec. 7(a) (1) It shall be unlawful for any Federal, State or local government agency to deny to any individual any right, benefit, or privilege provided by law because of such individual's refusal to disclose his social security account number. (2) the provisions of paragraph (1) of this subsection shall not apply with respect to-- (A) any disclosure which is required by Federal statute, or (B) any disclosure of a social security number to any Federal, State, or local agency maintaining a system of records in existence and operating before January 1, 1975, if such disclosure was required under statute or regulation adopted prior to such date to verify the identity of an individual. (b) Any Federal, State or local government agency which requests an individual to disclose his social security account number shall inform that individual whether that disclosure is mandatory or voluntary, by what statutory or other authority such number is solicited, and what uses will be made of it.


If you continue to harass me about this before reaching the requirement limits or if you cancel or suspend access to my account, I have a right to file discrimination charges against your company for violation of my privacy rights under this act. Sincerely, HKC


Bye Bye, Amazon.

Check our latest fan favorites: